I’m glad to have Jessica here today. She’s giving away a Kindle 6 inch with wifi retail $69 or Amazon gift card in equivalent amount (winner’s choice).
She’s also written down a playlist that she listens to while writing. Let’s take a look at the list, and then the book. To enter, please fill out the Rafflecopter below.
Thanks for having me today Carly! Here are some of the songs I listen to a ton while writing. Some are from writing Mark of the Witch, some are from current projects….this is me in playlist form.
- Michael Bublé – Haven’t Met You Yet ~ This was my anthem for Jilly and William
- Paramore – Misguided Ghosts~ Loved this one
- Maroon 5 – Out Of Goodbyes with Lady Antebellum~ Such a good song
- Glee Cast – Turning Tables (Glee Cast Version featuring Gwyneth Paltrow) ~The only time I like her lol. This was on repeat while I wrote.
- Falling In Reverse – Raised By Wolves~Some good fight scene music
- Lady Gaga – You And I~ Love this song about reclaiming past love. Was on heavy rotation.
- Michael Bublé – End Of May~ This one I loved for emotional scenes
- Paramore – Misery Business – Acoustic Version~ Such a good anthem
- Phil Collins – In The Air Tonight~ This one lately has been a good one for me
- Ron Pope – One Grain Of Sand~ I just discovered Ron Pope like a month ago…..how have I survived without his music for so long. This song I love.
- Andrew Belle – Make It Without You~ This is such an amazing moody song. I like mellow while I write…..especially lately.
- The Strange Familiar – Run Away Heart~ Just a beautiful song, think I’ve listened to it like 20 times in a row while writing.
- Norah Jones – All A Dream~ This for me is a Norah Jones I had never heard. It’s strangely sexy and definitely moody and broody.
- Apocalyptica – Nothing Else Matters – Instrumental Version~ Love this…..listened to it so much while I wrote Mark of the Witch.
- Apocalyptica – Fade To Black – Instrumental Version~ This one as well.
- Billy Talent – Voices Of Violence~ This I listened to a lot while writing climactic scenes
- Blindside – Cute Boring Love~ Another good song for a fight scene or leading up to one….totally what I listen to.
- Carrie Underwood – Blown Away~ This is a recent song for me….so bad ass and full of emotion. I have written a few amazing scenes listening to this.
- Kelly Clarkson – Stronger (What Doesn’t Kill You)~ This is Caroline’s anthem!!!
- Maroon 5 – Come Away To The Water~ This is so charged with emotion, I couldn’t help but be inspired.
Mark of the Witch
Genre: Paranormal Romance
ISBN: 10: 1475119836
Number of pages: 192
Word Count: 51,520
Cover Artist: Russ Turner Photography
Barnes and Noble, Amazon, Paperback
Magic flows through Jillian Proctor’s veins as surely as blood, but so far her life outside Boston has been peaceful. William Morgan blows into Jilly’s life like a hurricane, unleashing her magic and sending her out of control.
Unknowingly, William brings an enemy who only wants to posses the power of the witch. Jilly must learn to harness her magic before she loses it – and everything in her life is destroyed.
William watched her fingers move smoothly through her hair, with an odd expression on his face. Looking up, she found him staring at her, and smiled shyly. She had been so absorbed in telling him the dream that she had forgotten he wasn’t wearing a shirt; now that was all she could think about. She could almost feel the heat coming off of him, and she shifted a little on the bed. The look in his eyes was unmistakable now, and she got up quickly. She had stayed in his room far too long and he was wearing too little clothing for her comfort.
He got up as well and pulled her into his arms, kissing her so fiercely it took her breath away. Her head got a little foggy, and she was enjoying the feeling of his bare skin under her hands and the tiny jolts of electricity running all over her body. The voice in the back of her head telling her to get out was quickly being drowned out by the much louder voice shouting at her to stay.
As though he could hear her mental argument with herself, he pulled away and stepped back a few steps. “You should probably go,” he said in a husky voice. “If you don’t we’ll end up doing something we’ll both regret in the morning, and I don’t want us to end this before it’s even started.” He stepped closer, brushed his thumb across her swollen lips, and kissed her on the cheek. “I’ll see you in the morning, Jilly. Sleep well.”
She hadn’t spoken at all; she just nodded her head to whatever he had been saying. She stumbled back to her room and collapsed back into bed, her body melting into the mattress as though all of her bones had gone missing. She slept like the dead until morning.
About the Author:
Jessica lives in California with her husband and young son. She loves to read, and that love helped her to branch out into writing. Aside from writing, she runs an online event planning business called the Release Day Diva. In addition to novels, Jessica writes and maintains the blog Book on the Bright Side. Keep up with Jessica and her latest releases and events on her blog.
Thanks so much for having me today!!
I’ve got Mark of the Witch on my TBR list and after reading the excerpt I guess it’s time to start reading!
I loved Mark of the Witch. It was a great book. I am excited for the next one to come out. Keep up the great work Jessica. = ]
I love the playlist! There are some really great songs on there! I especially love that there is a Glee Cast song, lol. I love Glee 😀 Keep up the amazing work Jessica!!!
Mark of The Witch sounds really good! I also Love “Blown Away” by Carrie Underwood. Thanks for the giveaway!
I don’t know how you listen to music while you write it would distract me to no end. Some good music, and the book looks good too. thanks
Thanks for the giveaway! Book sounds interesting 🙂
You have a great soundtrack. I really like your cover art. I haven’t read this book and as an avid reader, I’m always looking for new reads. The excerpt sounds awesome. I can’t wait to read it. I don’t know how you work/write with a little one 🙂